Prep your home for a Storm
When a storm is approaching your home, there are some steps you can take to minimize any potential damages from strong storms and potential flooding. If you know a heavy storm is coming and you have time, follow these steps.
- Make sure all your windows are shut and closed.
- Bring in or tie down any outside furniture.
- Make sure your gutters are clean to allow water to flow away from your home.
- Cut down any dead branches or limbs around your home.
- Seal any water leaks on your roof if possible.
Be prepared to lose power for any length of time. Strong storms can bring heavy winds which can cause power outages. Even a few hours of no power can be difficult to handle especially with young children. Go to our Storm Ready Kit blog to read about a kit to create to help with the loss of power.