What Is Black Mold?
Stachybotrys chartarum, also known as black mold, can grow just about anywhere. We are in constant contact with some degree of black mold; however, where the concern lies is when an infestation occurs in a home or business.
Black mold growth occurs when there is moisture present from water damage, excessive humidity, water leaks, condensation, or flooding. The toxins that are released from black mold can be highly dangerous and threaten the health of those exposed.
Mold growth found inside a home or business should be safely and quickly removed. Any moisture issues should also be corrected in a timely manner.
With SERVPRO of Statesboro we have the proper training and equipment to contain the mold infestation and remediate it to the pre loss condition.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Statesboro immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (912) 764-9542
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Statesboro is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Twin City